Thursday, July 10, 2014

Stained Glass Window Art

Weeks before I have the class do an art project, I test out many different ways to do it.  This project took me a lot of time to get it exactly how I wanted it.  I think I went through at least seven or eight rough drafts using different mediums, colors, paper and sizes until I found a way that I feel looks the most realistic.  Today we learned about stained glass windows.  We looked at pictures of famous stained glass windows and tried to figure out where they were from.  Did you know that hundreds of years ago many churches used stained glass windows to tell Bible stories because many of the people couldn't read?  We saw how a stained glass window was installed.  We made our own stained glass windows.  They will take about 12 hours to completely dry and then you can hang them up in the window for brilliant colors.


























Hanging on the window.  Look at the bright colors.

On the window with light shining through.

Beautiful sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment